Vincenzo Lanna was born fifty-four years ago in Naples, for over forty years he has lived in Liguria where he is in charge of private security, married to Daniela with whom he created the best model ever: Alessia, twenty-four years old.
The passion for modeling was born very early, only fifteen years old.
In those days, modeling was much simpler, with just a pair of scissors, tweezers, a nail file, a couple of brushes and a few cans of paint.
The model was mounted like this out of a box and you can imagine the results!
For a few years I set aside the modeling and left for the soldier I trained as an instructor in the Folgore Paratrooper Brigade.
Towards the end of the 80s I started to take part in competitions and write articles, gradually asserting myself more and more in the modeling sector, collaborating with national and international magazines including: Model Time, Steel Art, Tecniche Avanzate, Static Model Manual, Hobby World, Model Graphix and other European magazines.
To date, I have published over 300 articles among magazines and books. I have had the opportunity in these years to shoot for competitions in Italy and abroad and to participate in two world championships that have made me collect over 600 medals including cups and career awards, but more importantly they gave me the opportunity to meet and confront myself with many model makers from all over the world.
Been to Mig Jimenez?
- Yes, I’ve known Mig for about 15 years, I knew him by name since I worked with various international magazines and saw his articles
- In this photo we are at the 2014 Stresa World Championships on Lake Garda.
- We met in person 15 years ago at the AMT Torrent competition (an international competition I attended in various editions) and the modeling agreement was immediately born.
- I remember him a charge and a desire to do engaging to emerge in this area. In fact we have never achieved anything together but there has always been collaboration and mutual respect. One of his projects that struck me most was the Russian Bronekater 1/35 he gave it to Torrent and I immediately wrote an article for Model Time magazine
- DO YOU ALSO KNOW ELIZABETH WIESE?
- I had the pleasure of knowing his current wife Elizabeth Wiese, sunny person and right hand of Mig Jimenez, In all these years every competition has always been present and spending time with them has always been pleasant.
- Of Mig JimenezI think he is a dear friend, a kind person, friendly and human, with great entrepreneurial skills. Constancy and sacrifice have led him to be what he is today.
YES In this short step by step article I decided to assemble the Lorraine Backer version Normandy resin kit from the Brach Model (www.brachmodel.it) Italian company of my dear friend Luciano.
For assembly I used only Colle21 products:
– Colle 21 Cyano Gel 21
liquid Colle 21
– Magicdust 21
– Attivatore 21
but above all the novelty of Colle21 Black Slow Dry house in twinning with Mig Jimenez‘s Ammo Mig from surprising qualities given its consistency and the slow drying times that give time to place the pieces in the correct position.
- In many years of modeling I used a lot of cyanacrylate glues but this new product is really unique in its kind due to its characteristics: slow drying times and its consistency that give the possibility to assemble or repair any type of material in addition the fact that its color is black gives an added value makes the point of contact visible.
- Yes, it is absolutely a welcome novelty for the modeling world, in fact, since I have been recommending it to modelers, it is also excellent for repairing everyday objects.
To accelerate drying, just a splash of Activator21 which, among other things, works on all the products of the Colle21line, Magicdust 21 composed of microspheres was used to fill some cracks; its use is very simple, just apply the product on the Cyano 21 glue. Once dried, a light sanding is enough and the piece is ready. Ottimo il suo utilizzo anche per rafforzare pezzi delicati
Colle 21 Black Also in this case the Ciano21 Black is very useful since the piece in question is very thin and delicate so its positioning requires a certain attention and time to position it correctly a little longer, and with its characteristics the Colle21 Black is fine.
Once positioned we will use Activator21 to lock the piece in place.
Magicdust 21 by Colle21
Sometimes it may be necessary to repair or fill spaces, in this case it is sufficient to pour a slight amount ofColle 21 Cyano 21(in this case I used the traditional one but you can also use the Colle 21 Black.)
And immediately above it is filled with the Magicdust21 product composed of microspheres, excellent filler and reinforcer.
Once dry, sandpaper and the piece is ready.
Colle 21 Black
The Colle21 Black gives the possibility to place the smallest pieces with extreme calm and precision
So as to get their perfect location … something not to be underestimated, especially in modeling where the tenth of a mm makes the difference